Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WEEK 36: PHILIPPINES

Friends and family,

As I sit here each Monday and email, I cant help but smile and be thankful for the great support system I have been blessed with. I receive countless emails with words of encouragement, powerful testimony, and fun pictures that help me build my testimony in the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each and everyone of us. He is aware of us and wants us to be happy, that's the reason he places such amazing people in our paths. You have all pushed and encouraged me to do the best I you know that I can even when I don't think I can do it. My prayer is that no matter what your circumstances are in life that you always try to pick someone up and help them see the true potential they have as sons and daughters of heavenly parents.

My mom sent me a great quote that really made me reflect on who I am and what my purpose out here as a missionary and member of this wonderful church with a knowledge of the gospel. It goes like this:  "He is not waiting to love you after you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles." - President Uchtdorf 
I feel that sometimes He shows his understanding through the actions of love and kindness from our loved ones. I don't know that we can full comprehend the love he has for us and so the only way is as stated in the previous. He wants to see us succeed because he knows what we can become. We have trials to help us overcome our weaknesses and make us stronger for future trials through our lives. Family and friends are given to us to help and guide us, I testify of that. 

This is short but I hope you can feel the power and testimony I have of eternal families and how sacred they are to our Heavenly Father's plan for us. I love you all. This is the true church and Jesus is the Christ.

Elder O'Neil