Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WEEK 43 "Choose Whom Ye will Serve"

Friends and family,

I failed to put in my last email two other of our very loved investigators. I talked about them a couple weeks. but its the parents of one of the members here in the San Juan branch. Ednalie and Hermas and amazing and I have grown to love them as they have investigated this church.

The first time I met these two they came to church as a whole family. They have two sons and a daughter. All their kids are attending college and one of their sons is engaged and is moving to Australia to be sealed in the temple. Both of their sons are members and their daughter is being taught where she is attending school. They are a divided as far as religion and they want that to change. Their sons said if their family was going to join a church it was going to be the true church. Their sons have taught their parents so much about what it means to them to have an eternal family that they parents have grown to have that same desire also. We started teaching them a couple weeks ago and have been hitting walls with them. The haven't been reading and Ednalie hadn't been coming to church because of her job. I began to get frustrated with myself because I didn't know how else to teach the importance of keeping these commitments. I had prayed and prayed to find help and then one night I had a dream where I saw somethings that gave me the answers I needed. I received some very sacred council that I wrote down. 
We went to their house last night and taught such a powerful lesson. Their sons bore such powerful testimony of the importance of the Book of Mormon. Ednalie and Hermas asked so many questions that we answered from the Book of Mormon that helped them realize that the truth lies within this sacred book. In a part of my dream I saw people waking down a road and then turning off on "side roads" after a bit of time I looked back and realized that these people were walking back to the main path after the realized they were hitting dead ends. I described this to them and helped them understand that the Book of Mormon is the road map to our life. It was such a "spiritual high" for me and they finally understand why they need to read and come to church. 

This is the true church and we are the stewards of certain sheep. We need to council them in the ways of righteous. Elder Christopherson said "If we do not invite others to change or if we do not demand repentance of ourselves, we fail in a fundamental duty we owe to one another and to ourselves. A permissive parent, an indulgent friend, a fearful Church leader are in reality more concerned about themselves than the welfare and happiness of those they could help."
I love you all.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love Elder O'Neil