Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WEEK 52 "Prayers Are Answered"

Friends and family,

 
There are people still striving to "find Jesus" as we have been doing our best to talk to as many people as we can. We have met so many wonderful people with backgrounds so few and far between. I have learned very quickly to not judge people for whatever they may say of however they may act. We are all children of our Heavenly Father and some are just trying to find some direction in their live in all kind of different ways. How grateful some are when they hear that in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we have the answers they are looking for. 

We stopped to get something to eat on Saturday at a restaurant. We were sitting there and I had a distinct feeling that we needed to leave at that time. I wasn't sure where we were supposed to go but we just started walking. We made it to a point where we needed to make a decision as to what road to take. I had previously said a silent prayer that I would know what I was supposed to be doing leaving dinner before we were done. I saw something that caught my eye and told Elder Finau that we were going to check it out. We got to the place we were traveling toward and still didn't feel that what we were supposed to be doing was fulfilled. We both said a quick prayer and followed the road we felt we needed to take. On our way down the road a young man emerged from his house and shouted "Elders." We both looked at each other and knew this is what we were going for. He asked us if we were Mormons and then pulled out a pamphlet from his bag. He told us that he was so interested to learn more and knew that if he showed faith by reading the pamphlet the rest would come. He was making his way down the same road we were and if we would have just taken the easy way home we would have never crossed paths with him. The power of prayer is real. Heavenly Father love each and every one of us. 

I would please ask that you pray for Danilo and the Nepal family. This not an investigator but some one very near and dear to my heat. Please pray for Grandpa Rigby.

I love you.

Elder O'Neil